The good news is we've found some possible solutions for you to try with DISH.
If you're having an issue with DISH, please try the applicable steps below:
1) which DISH DVR model you have,
2) which of the steps below you've tried, and
3) if the steps below worked to correct the issue for you, or not.
DISH MODEL ViP 622, maybe others:
TV1 Audio Sync: The receiver can be set to synchronize the TV1 audio to the SD video outputs.
DISH MODEL ViP 722k, maybe others:
There is a DISH closed-captions bug that only seems to occur with some dual tuner DVRs that support two TVs on one receiver. Changing the DISH Mode to the 2-TV setting seems to make it less likely for the bug to surface that causes the closed-captions to lag behind and/or create garbage characters.
Follow these instructions to change the setting:
2. Once you see normal TV again, press the Mode button on the front panel of the DISH DVR and change the setting to 2-TV mode: There are three sets of lights on the front panel; Mode, TV1 and TV2. 1-TV Mode has 1 square, 2-TV Mode has 2 overlapping squares. The TV2 light will light up in a blue color, too.
3. The cc/audio out of sync bug may still surface, however, this setting should give you many hours of profanity-free viewing. If the cc/audio timing gets off again, you need to repeat the reset step in #1.
In this setting, you will lose the picture-in-picture ability, however, it fixes the CC problem and TVGuardian will work properly. If you're watching sports, and want PIP back to watch two games at once, you can simply change the Mode back to the 1-TV mode again. Then change it back later for TV shows and movies.